Thursday, January 18, 2007

RAP CITY


My first gig at BET was for what remains as the longest running hip hop show on television--Rap City!! I was hired as an AP and got to work with legendary dancer Big Lez and crazy Joe Clair! I met and produced several shows with hip hop favorites like LL Cool J, Redman, Keith Murray, and EPMD...
But my most memorable episode was the first ever interview that Lil Kim had with BET! Her first album was coming out and I produced this show with her and Joe Clair hosting at a spa. She said some very interesting and telling things about how her self esteem had been marred in her child hood and she always felt ugly which was why she created her supersexy persona!I also produced a very interesting show for BET called Rap City Nihon which was hosted by this black dude named Alton who spoke Japanese!!! He interviewed folks like Busta Rhymes and Will Smith in Japanese for the show which aired in Japan and I had to not only produce it, but help in making sure everything was translated! Was sooo much fun!!!

No comments: